Author Thread
teach_ib

View Profile
Men are simply complicated!
Posted : 3 Aug, 2011 08:24 PM

I'm really surprised at all the stereotyping...I know many men who talk non-stop and women who will not open up at all. It really isn't so hard to stop and think about what or how someone else is thinking. You have to want to do it and for the sake of a relationship, you should want to gain an understanding of what affects your partner.

This is the person you plan to spend your life with, you should want to know what makes them tick...or ticks them off. That's part of growing together.

These are skills that are taught in the work place...people skills. We all come from different backgrounds and have different life experiences that influence us. An old saying is walk a mile in the other's shoes....when one stops and thinks about why someone may act the way they are, you might be better able to help the situation or prevent problems.

Sometimes we all have to put our ego on the shelf and allow others an opportunity to help.

teach_ib

View Profile
Are you the one...Save me... :)
Posted : 3 Aug, 2011 08:11 PM

How long have you been looking on this site? You may want to leave your profile active and see what happens over time. The site will send you reminders after you have been "absent" for a while. You never know, God may send someone your way.

teach_ib

View Profile
Looking for new baseball team
Posted : 2 Aug, 2011 08:42 PM

While I am a Red Sox fan, I would also recommend the Tampa Bay Rays. Yes an A Meriden League team, they remain fairly competitive against the Red Sox and Yankees.

teach_ib

View Profile
Posted : 2 Aug, 2011 08:30 PM

My experience has been that men think they have the only solution. They will spend hours 'solving' something that should take a short time because they won't ask for help or read instructions or a map!

My ex had never shoveled snow before...I have lived in many states that had heavy snowfalls and have shoveled out of 2 feet of snow before. When I tried to let him know not to throw the snow in front of the neighbor's driveway, he refused to shovel anymore.

I see the same type of things at my work. It's like they're afraid if someone else has the solution, they have to keep going their own way to get to the same conclusion...it just can't be someone else's idea.

Whether it's at work, at home, or wherever, we should all strive to see the situation through the other's view as well as use our two ears more than our one mouth! Something I continue to work on...especially when dealing with those who are reinventing the wheel for the umpteenth time!

teach_ib

View Profile
Posted : 1 Aug, 2011 03:49 PM

A great demonstration on why communication is so important. Neither sex are mind readers...so we must either verbalize or write what's on our mind....verbalizing is usually the best. I can think of times when writing out thoughts is abetted option...but not very often.

teach_ib

View Profile
What don't you like about some girls on this site...
Posted : 1 Aug, 2011 03:43 PM

Abraham's servant was given very specific instructions on where to go and what family to look at for the appropriate spouse for Isaac.

The example for Peter was for witnessing, not for dating. God was showing him that all people were eligible for Salvation.

Jacob was picky about who he married. He could have settled for Leah, but he was drawn to Rachel and worked another 7 years to marry her.

In 1 Timothy 3:11 the Bible provides guidelines for the wife of a bishop...grave, not slanderous, sober, faithful

1Timothy 3:2-3 provides guidelines for a bishop(preacher). Blameless, vigilant, sober, hospitable, not given to wine, not a hitter, not greedy, patient, not covetous, not a fighter, etc.

If a woman is looking to be the spouse of a potential preacher, she should be setting her standards at that level.

teach_ib

View Profile
You get to...
Posted : 1 Aug, 2011 03:30 PM

Stop cutting the defense budget...it's the one thing the government is supposed to provide...for the common defense of the nation.

Cut out paying for people who won't work...make all people receiving welfare work in those jobs that no one else will do...if you don't like that job, learn a new trade to get into a better job. If you can't work due to a specific medical or mental disorder, then the gov't can provide some support.

Eliminate all the paid czar positions...they are not constitutional. Eliminate the massive staffs of Congress and the first lady. They're wasteful.

Stop giving out earned income credit...if you don't pay taxes or qualify based on a lower income to not pay taxes, you aren't entitled to receiving someone else's tax dollars...I know this happens as I have completed tax returns for people who got $2000 - $3000 refunds and didn't pay a dime in taxes. This is redistribution that has been going on for many years.

Reduce or eliminat the NEA, EPA, and Energy department. Reduce the money provided to the United Nations.

That's just for starters.

teach_ib

View Profile
IN My MATCHES- Great story though
Posted : 31 Jul, 2011 08:27 PM

Did you send a note to the site admin? Because matches are based off of someone's entries, the computer relies on individual honesty. People can change some of the info in their profile to be eligible to write to someone.

I have the must not smoke/drink settings selected; however, I receive messages from people who have marked 1 or 2. I can only assume they modified their profile to write to me...not a very good way to start a discussion.

Unfortunately computers can't readily pick up on individual misrepresentations. Software could be developed to look at certain words and flag problems/conflicts...but that would be pretty expensive.

teach_ib

View Profile
What is the problem with me
Posted : 31 Jul, 2011 08:15 PM

Since you clearly state you are looking for a woman of Asian heritage you will eliminate a large number of women from considering you. And then in your post you talk about the only women contacting you are from outside the US. Thats's who you have asked for...

teach_ib

View Profile
What don't you like about some girls on this site...
Posted : 31 Jul, 2011 07:28 PM

I am ok if I never marry again. Is that my choice, no but I will accept it if it is God's choice for me. I keep the doors I can open to allow God to do His work. My way didn't work so well and when I thought it was God's way, I still took charge. So now I am content with being single or marrying. If I ever do marry, I want to marry a man who is my friend and confidante as looks fade but the heart should grow fonder.

I'm not sure what entitlement syndrome is...actually I have no clue as to what the reference is for. The only thing I know I'm entitled to is a place in He'll. Thankfully that debt has been paid in full.

Page : 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139