Author Thread
teach_ib

View Profile
Profile Problems?
Posted : 27 Jul, 2011 06:29 AM

Nice work...no guarantees but I would guess your updated profile will draw attention. Any young ladies in the age bracket should be impressed that you followed advice that you asked for. Many people, men and women, ask but never heed the advice.

I'm sure God has someone special for you. Hold on and enjoy life during the wait.

God bless

teach_ib

View Profile
Can your Lifestyle, Behavior and Conduct Lead a Person to Christ??
Posted : 26 Jul, 2011 06:24 PM

To the question as you have reworded it and taken out the option to speak the Word, the answer is no. The original question was "Can your conversation and lifestyle, behavior and conduct lead a backslider to Christ, or lead a person to Christ?". The answer to that question is just as obvious as yes

I'm trying to determine the purpose of this thread. I though it would be to discuss how to live your life so as to be a witness to others.

I am always interested in learning how others can effectively be a witness. I am a much better witness to youth. I know others who reach the elderly. Others have a gift to witness to those who are society outcasts. We all come across all types of people...having some tips on how to broach the subject of salvation for the different types of people can only strengthen our abilities.

This is my last post on this thread as I do not want to seem argumentative.

God bless everyone's efforts to be a witness for Christ, no matter how big or how small...it all matters to souls somewhere!

teach_ib

View Profile
Profile Problems?
Posted : 26 Jul, 2011 05:40 PM

A couple things could... I don't like the auto spell check on my iPad.

teach_ib

View Profile
Profile Problems?
Posted : 26 Jul, 2011 05:39 PM

A couple things good contribute to views and no messages.

First your age range will limit who can respond...not a bad thing. You are obviously looking for someone close to your age.

Your profile is long...you cover a LOT of material..I would narrow it down...leave some things for people to ask you questions. None of the info is 'bad'. Just too much for someone to take in. You don't start talking about yourself for quite a while. People may feel they know everything about you....what you believe, what you like, do, and how you do it...if they read all the way through.

If you look at the profiles of the people who view you and have an interest in them, send them a note. Sometimes people look through profiles and aren't sure if they would meet your expectations. They might even have the intention of going back and sending a note but there are so many profiles to sort through.

That's just my thoughts. I am definitely not an expert on this topic.

teach_ib

View Profile
Posted : 26 Jul, 2011 05:21 PM

Seems like the question changed from the original post.

If my daily conversation and lifestyle includes God's command of providing the Gospel, then I am providing the Word of God. I have given out the Gospel in the course of work conversations. I am not supposed to discuss religion at work; however, some situations are perfect opportunities.

It almost seems like the answer you are seeking is only the one you have decided is correct. As someone pointed out, we may never know this side of Heaven how our life influenced others to receive salvation. God's Word does not go out void. Something we say or do today may be just what someone needs to gain salvation through asking for God's free gift of Salvation/eternal life.

teach_ib

View Profile
Posted : 26 Jul, 2011 12:04 PM

The New Testament is filled with verses addressing lifestyle evangelism. �I've selected a few from the King James Version: the word conversation in these passages refer to lifestyle...way of life.

Ephesians 2:3 "Among whom also we all had our conversations in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others."

Ephesians 4:22 "That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts."

2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if any man be in Christ he is a new creature, old things are passed away, behold all things become new."

Phillippians 1:27 "Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel."

James 3:13 "Who is a wise man and ensued with knowledge among you? Let him shewing out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom."

1 Peter 1:15 "But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation."

1 Peter 2:12 "Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation."

1 Peter 3:1 "Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they may also without the words be won by the conversation of the wives."

I attend one of those churches that teaches eternal salvation as the "...gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23b. My church as many others like it throughout the world teach and provide a wide variety of witnessing opportunities. �We bring in 100-200 youth on church buses...which means we witness/visit with hundreds every week. �We have a soul winners program that teaches the basics of witnessing and provides hands on experience. Our food pantry provides plenty of opportunities to witness. �Our nursing home/ shut in ministries reach others. �Our addiction program brings in a wide variety and our jail/rescue mission ministries reach many who would otherwise be unreachable. And my church isn't one of those mega churches...just mega hearts for the lost.

We are all called to be witnesses but not all called to witness the same. �Just as we have different roles and responsibilities in the church, we have different abilities and expectations from God in our witnessing. �For some, leaving a tract is all the ability they have. �For others, they can walk up to anyone anywhere and lay out the Gospel. �Many missionaries spend years on the mission field with little fruit to show for their efforts.

Another good reference is Romans 12 - this chapter refers to how Christians should live. I keep striving to live up to this standard but fall short. Thankfully my God is forgiving and helps me to do better the next time.

God bless

teach_ib

View Profile
For one month
Posted : 25 Jul, 2011 10:34 PM

Well as unmarried Christians, I would hope we could all go without sex for a month.

teach_ib

View Profile
Posted : 25 Jul, 2011 10:28 PM

Your lifestyle can provide opportunities to lead others to Christ. It can definitely lead backsliders back to fellowship with God. People are always watching you. When you react to the trials of life with a positive attitude...with the joy that only Christ can provide, it will make people curious of you.

I have worked in some high stress environments. People have asked me how I can smile through some of the situations...I have the opportunity to share the peace and joy I know rough my personal relationship with Christ.

We can also have a negative affect if we respond to situations in a not so Christ-like manner. People will see us as hypocrites...they won't want what we have!

It still takes God's Word; however, the Word can be through a tract or your witnessing. Many people have been saved through a tract...just by leaving them at a restaurant, bus station, etc.

teach_ib

View Profile
Male Leadership
Posted : 23 Jul, 2011 09:35 PM

What is your definition of leadership? Being a leader does not mean making all the decisions or being the boss. Leaders include all view points before making decisions and they often allow others to make decisions. Good leaders learn to gain consensus. Good leaders listen and make decisions for the benefit of all.

Dictators are leaders but don't win the hearts of the people. Being the head od the home does not mean being a dictator.

Don't just read the verse that talks about submission. Read the verse before and after it. Those are instructions to the husband.

teach_ib

View Profile
Man completes woman?
Posted : 23 Jul, 2011 07:03 PM

If a woman can complete a man, a man can complete a woman. A woman cannot reproduce without a man...even with all the new science...a male's sperm is still required to reproduce.

Women may not feel complete unless they are filling their Biblical role of completing a man.

Page : 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139