Author Thread
tristan07

View Profile
Sharing your past...when is the right time?
Posted : 2 Sep, 2009 01:00 PM

Man, Paul, let me just say this. There really is such a thing as over sharing. You certainly, like myself, have some difficult things in your past, that have happened, and that you have done... but you, unlike the person you are pouring out your heart too, have had years to process and deal with those things.

It's just too much man, especially if it's sensitive materials. And beleive me man there are things that are going with me to the grave because no one, and I mean no one, needs to know about them. I have delt with them before God, I have been forgiven, or forgiven the offended, I have worked through these things and they have no effect on me or a future relationship.

Some times we just want to unload because it clears our conscience.

The first time my wife cheated on me, I told her you know what? You hurt yourself alot more then you hurt me, because you are the one who has to live with the guilt for the REST OF YOUR LIFE! I don't All I have to do is be gracious and forgive. I am not the one who went outside of the marriage, I'm past it, I moved on, but man, her heart just got harder and harder and harder she could not deal with the guilt.

I'm not sure what the heck the point of that was... something about guilt and what it does to you...

I will say this though, there are things that I do feel people need to be up front with eachother about, as the proper time arises.

For instance, if you have a history of abusing women, but God has saved you and you feel you are no longer a threat, you need to let them know that. If you are still a threat to women, you just need a beheading...

If you have abused a child, again.. a beheading... but really thats not the kinda stuff you wanna sneak up with to the alter.

Now if you have been hurt over and over, had this done to you, or that, sometimes its just better to just... drop and move on man.

Like, when i meet someone new, I really DO NOT like to talk about ex's and past relationships. Theyre over, i lived, I loved, I learned, but that's all just in the past. It's better to talk about the present, and the future.

And I tell ya what, man if I start talking to a gal and all she does is gripe about ex boyfreinds and stuff like that... that's a big turn off for me. I'm not them, I'm alex, get to know me, that's in the past.

So to sum it all up. Be silent where you need to, be open where it's correct to do so, at the right time.

Cool? rock and roll bro.:rocknroll:

tristan07

View Profile
the mood ive been in
Posted : 2 Sep, 2009 11:59 AM

Yeh now that i listen to it, I have heard that one. Dycypher down is pretty good too, theyre believers.

Yeh, I just love to SCREAM when I play, I sing gentle and everything too, but I love to get LOUD. and man can you ROAR with Godsmack.

All my bands have been christian hard rock bands, except one I had about 10 years ago which was more worship/praise/caedmons call type stuff.

sigh.

tristan07

View Profile
If You Want A Good Girl... You Need To BE A Good Guy!
Posted : 2 Sep, 2009 11:29 AM

I really am starting to wonder about the way guys minds work. I NEVER discuss or allude to sexual things in my conversations with folks on here, then again I am not looking to date, but even back when I was, I didn't.

I just wonder what is going through a guys mind when he thinks it would be a *good idea* to talk about things that belong at the tail end of a dedicated commited relationship, not in an emal to someone you are just starting to get to know.

Don't get me wrong, as time progresses and you actually have a freindship and are into eachother or whatever, certain things can come up, but not dirty details.

One of my accountability partners asked me *alex man, how do I know when the conversation on the phone is becoming inappropriate?*

I told him, Imagine your little 10 year old duaghter was within ear shot, and anything you would not say with them there..

Has anyone noticed how much pressure there is now adays on sexuality? It's supposed to be a thing of joy and beauty between man and wife and it's just so stinking corrupt.

The last two girls I dated, I never even kissed them. Not that I wasnt dying to, but I respected them too much to cross that line.

anyway, on another note, I must mention this, I have been on this site a year now (wow) and I get alot of emails and winks and stuff, but I have only ever had one woman send me an illicit message. Her account was deleted shortly after (oops) Do guys get this stuff from women on here? I don't?

ahh well, sigh, back to the grind.

ciao, lub ju all!

tristan07

View Profile
ask me when iam more awake
Posted : 2 Sep, 2009 11:09 AM

Go to her house in the middle of the night, throw pebbles at her window, and WAKE HER UP MAN!

excuses excuses excuses. What ever happened to, i'm sorry I'm just not interested in you that way? sigh.

tristan07

View Profile
just a thought
Posted : 1 Sep, 2009 05:48 PM

i know how you feel man, i'm just going to marry a sheep or something. yeeesh

tristan07

View Profile
Christian in the Military
Posted : 1 Sep, 2009 05:46 PM

yeh, and be reall glad you arent locked in a jail cell in a third would country where they kill christians.... be very very glad of that... really

tristan07

View Profile
Hi I'm Paulie! It's nice to meet everyone!
Posted : 1 Sep, 2009 05:39 PM

Welcome to both of ya!

tristan07

View Profile
Be Cool(er)
Posted : 1 Sep, 2009 04:18 PM

That's well put woman, well put

tristan07

View Profile
It's difficult to find a guy on this site
Posted : 1 Sep, 2009 04:17 PM

The laws of attraction are strange indeed. I am attracted to very few women. I do not like bikini babes or the supermodel type, I like the girl next door type. It's all in how you see things I guess. I am not stuck up, but I am very picky.

no worries, God will lead the right man at the right time for you.

tristan07

View Profile
A Special Thanks to Cattleman2011....
Posted : 1 Sep, 2009 09:31 AM

amen sister, he is worth his weight in gold.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10