Author Thread
1jon310

View Profile
Would you women have done the same thing or left it alone?
Posted : 6 Jan, 2014 08:18 PM

Essence

As a guy I think that you provided good feed back. We all need good feedback because what sounds good in our heads does not always sound so good in print. Myself included. r

1jon310

View Profile
Marry Partially deaf guy
Posted : 6 Jan, 2014 06:25 PM

Taking a moment to stir the pot.

In the movie Captain Corellie's Mandolin, in the beginning of the movie one of the men was close to deaf and the doctor removed a foreign object from his ear. At the end of the movie he was begging the doctor to put it back in because his wife yelled at him all the time.

So.... Studies have shown that women speak about twice as many words in a day as most men do. With these things in mind; I too would like to read many responses to Richard's question. Would you be willing to learn sign language? Would you be willing to find other outlets for verbal communication and still Love deeply someone who is not able to communicate with you on the same level as you are?

Richard: whatever answers that are given I hope that you know that God's sovereign plan for your life is perfect. Be Blessed. r

1jon310

View Profile
Would You....?
Posted : 4 Jan, 2014 03:00 PM

Ladies: Would you prefer that a man were to know all of your faults and Love you anyway? OR Would you prefer that a man love you and not see your faults? Please explain why. r

1jon310

View Profile
why be deceptive?
Posted : 29 Dec, 2013 06:46 PM

Pink

In response to your response to me... I understand that you have good motives. But many people cannot stand to be alone or fear the stigma of not being seen as part of a couple. These people will stick with someone even if they know that they are wasting the other person's time but not tell that person for fear of rejection. We all have our issues to deal with, some more then others. There maybe many reasons for how this last relationship went. Bottom line is that the only person who can answer your question as to "why" is this fellow. Provided he has the honesty with himself to share the answer with you. May you find the blessings in every situation. r

1jon310

View Profile
I need prayer and practical ideas please
Posted : 28 Dec, 2013 10:20 PM

Sister

Your frustration is understandable.

I do not know your community so I am going upon my knowledge of my own area. If you have already tried these please do not allow me to add to your frustration.

1. Check with local social work agencies for what services are available in your area. Don't take this wrong or addressed to you but homeless shelters are used to helping people who do not have diplomas or GEDs earn GEDs through grants or scholarships.

2. Don't rule out applying for disability. Talk to the councilors or directors at homeless missions and find out what doctors are favorable to helping a person get on disability. I used to work at a Christian homeless shelter so I know that word gets around as to who to see. They can probably recommend a social worker to try to get to assist you.

3. Network. You have probably already done this but I will throw it out there anyway. Ask all the people that you know locally to reach out for possible opportunities, this includes your pastor. This is a portion of your pastors "job description" to look after his flock. Many don't have the connections to refer you to but it may be a opportunity to for your pastor to make those connections.

4. Volunteer. This helps you to be productive. It shows potential employers that you are not just sitting around. It gives you more people to Network with. It help you work on people skills (you may not need that as much as some of us do). It also helps you to see yourself in a better light.

5. Keep reading your Bible and praying to Jesus. Not only for answers to your needs but to know Him and to worship Him for who He is and not just for what He blesses you with. Praise Him for the answers to your prayers before you see the answers.

6.Don't stop worshiping, praising, and working to draw closer to God. No matter what happens in your life you can never go wrong with being more intimate with Jesus.

If non of this helps I know Jesus is there for you.

May the Lord our God cover you and bring Glory to himself through you

r

1jon310

View Profile
why be deceptive?
Posted : 28 Dec, 2013 03:57 PM

The person that we are all most guilty of deceiving is ourselves. Perhaps he saw such great qualities in you that he deceived himself into believing that he could alter his non-negotiables. Maybe he just found you to have so much of what he didn't know he wanted before that he thought that he would be able to change. Or think bad that he was just filling time with you until someone else came along. None of us has ever done that after all. r

1jon310

View Profile
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Posted : 28 Dec, 2013 01:08 PM

No problem.

You requested in this forum for other people to chat with who are from Wyoming and some people chat with others who are not within their filtered range in the forums. Not speaking of myself here, but there are other blessings to be found on this site then just a spouse.

May you be overwhelmed with the blessings that Jesus has purchased for you r

1jon310

View Profile
Physical dislikes
Posted : 28 Dec, 2013 12:57 PM

Sisy Dear

It has been my experience (as a guy) that if a woman dislikes/ hates a physical attribute about themselves that their mind cannot be changed by someone else. What men are attracted to (usually) has little in common with what a woman dislikes about herself. If a man should try to reinforce her body image in this area of her bias then she will argue the point to convince him that her hated image is correct and he is wrong. At this point in my life... if a woman wants to hate her feet, knees, crows feet, whatever, I will try to convey that I'm not concerned about it and let it go. There are better things to argue about; like what is the better Christmas cookie... shortbread, sugar or peanutbutter with a chocolate kiss in the center. If a person's self image does not come from how God sees them then it is pointless. Man or woman. My thoughts anyway. r

1jon310

View Profile
If a guy mentions to make sure he's not after 1 thing..
Posted : 26 Dec, 2013 08:53 PM

If a person believes that all everybody else wants is "one thing" then that is a pretty good indicator that this is what is on their mind and therefore cannot believe that other people do not think the same way.

"Where a man's treasure is there his heart will be also." r

1jon310

View Profile
homeless in a week or two
Posted : 24 Dec, 2013 05:24 PM

Paul

Sorry to hear about your situation. Please allow a excerpt from the testimony that the Lord has blessed me with.

I moved to be closer to my children after divorce and lived in my truck for nine months. It was not easy but God was with me and I learned to trust Him as never before. Jesus became more real to me then anyone else that I might know.

I do not desire to minimize your situation only to let you know that there is hope.

May our sovereign God grant you provision and increased faith that you may see to the other side and renew your Joy

r

Page : 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16