Author Thread
Marcouse

View Profile
Scenario: your wife was just grilled by your atheist eldery parents, for being Christian. Your reaction?
Posted : 4 Feb, 2021 02:50 PM

A strong belief can justify and stand up for itself.

I seek truth, most people look for others to concur with their beliefs.

In the situation outlined by the OP I would observe how the grilling played out and possibly stick my oar in on either side depending on how it was going. I'd certainly use it as an opportunity to learn as you don't learn a lot in situations where everyone is in agreement.

Marcouse

View Profile
BACKSLIDING
Posted : 4 Feb, 2021 02:21 PM

All I can say is that I was never as clean or good as I thought I was before I backslid. The desire to commit the sins I committed was always there but suppressed as a younger Christian.

I had the basics of Christianity down but did not know Jesus or God anywhere near as much as I thought I did or others perceived I did.

We are the beast and we always have to be on guard against ourselves.

Marcouse

View Profile
Single Mum to a 6year old Girl Hoping to find a Born again Man
Posted : 23 Jan, 2021 11:56 AM

I got to a point where I did enough things wrong I ended up in a really bad place.

Can’t say I’ve not done anything wrong since but my life has improved and I continue to grow spiritually as long as I seek truth and to move in the right direction with Gods help.

Marcouse

View Profile
Life with Kung Flu
Posted : 23 Jan, 2021 11:52 AM

After a year we should have lost at least 2 percent of the population.

Marcouse

View Profile
we could sure use some prayer over here in southern California people of christ -- staggering covid statistics
Posted : 15 Jan, 2021 12:54 PM

This is my current view of it from what I hear. I personally have known almost a dozen people that tested positive with CV19. None had symptoms, who cares when the invisible man is in town?

Lets just say this disease is contagious and dangerous. If your life and faith is truly in God why would you be bothered? If you don't have anything more than a few days unwell then no bother, if you die well the general suffering that is life is over and you can await resurrection. Sounds like a win win to me.

As far as affecting other people everyone is responsible for their own risk level. If you are scared stay locked up in your house and see no one. If not business as usual.

I don't know when people started to fear death so much. When I was a youngster loads of people died I went to school with in motorcycle and car crashes, I ended up in hospital myself. Never slowed me down, once I was healed I took the view that when your number is up your number is up. I've sustained some sever injuries which to be honest just made me feel more invincible. I know I won't die until it is my time, and I'll be glad to when it is. Without freedom to live how you want you might as well be dead as technically you already are.

Marcouse

View Profile
HOT TOPIC should women be pastors? No! here is one verse to prove it
Posted : 15 Jan, 2021 12:25 PM

Easy way around it is not to follow a female pastor if you don't agree with it.

Women are influenced by emotion more than men, no scripture needed to prove it so there's that.

Marcouse

View Profile
Perfume with pheromones
Posted : 7 Jan, 2021 12:41 PM

I bought some pheromone perfume when I was a teenager, it did Jack. A couple of girls said they liked my smell but that's it.

Women will always be attracted to dollar though.

Marcouse

View Profile
Christian or Secular, is There a Difference?
Posted : 6 Jan, 2021 01:00 PM

There is a lot of truth in secular music. Once you know how to spot it you appreciate it more.

There are only a handful of song writers that write all the music. Popular bands are chosen to put the messages across.

Throw a dart at any big star and you will find truth drops. Especially in music from the 90's and 2000's.

Marcouse

View Profile
Did you know that “Jesus does not save?”
Posted : 6 Jan, 2021 12:34 PM

This is next level, you been watching Quantum of Conscience?

Someone Matt recommended was talking about our connection to the serpent.

There's so much new information around now it's easy to get caught in the weeds. I believe the sacrifice of Jesus has saved any who believe on Him and even if the names are changed and the story is not exact I've no doubt that God himself would do whatever it takes to save anyone that will accept him.

Marcouse

View Profile
Americans challenge for safety
Posted : 6 Jan, 2021 12:24 PM

I'm in the UK, thanks for the update as it's made zero difference from what I can see.

I don't watch TV or listen to the news, problems solved.

Page : 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12