Author Thread: Women and Bikinis on a Christian dating site
really_54

View Profile
History
Women and Bikinis on a Christian dating site
Posted : 23 Dec, 2010 11:04 PM

"Women and Bikinis"

Recently, I had the audacity to send a lady on this site an email after noticing that she had just posted a picture of herself in a bikini. I will not argue the fact that the picture was very alluring, but something else bothered me. Why would a beautiful woman who claims to be a Born Again Christian display her body in such a manner on the internet for all the world to see?

I'm sorry, I find it offensive that a Christian woman who is looking for a husband would display her body in such a manner. I certainly would not want my future wife advertising herself this way. "As a ring of gold in a swine's snout, so is a lovely woman who lacks discretion" (Proverbs 11:22).

Yet judging by her angry letter, perhaps I was wrong and the woman was right: "Not my fault men like you can't get past their own flesh."

So lets have your views ladies and gents on the subject of "Women and Bikinis" on a Christian dating site.

Blessings in Christ,

Paul

Below is my letter to her:

You are a beautiful lady, but you have diminished your beauty with the display of your bathing suit picture. It contradicts everything in your profile: "As for me and my house we shall serve the Lord"

"that the women adorn themselves in modest apparel...which is proper for women professing godliness" (1 Timothy 2:9-10).

Blessings,

Paul

Her response:

Then don't view my profile

U R 20 years older than me U R way 2 old

Why would you even think of clicking onto my beach shot

Please with the holier than thou

Do U really think women read your blah blah blah novel profile

A whole lot of ridiculous nothing

No one would ever finish that in one sitting nor would want 2

Boring!

U R not clever or righteous by any means

Cast your stone somewhere else idiot truck driver & film maker

That is laughable

There is a reason U R single

I advise U get a dog for companionship

nothing worse than a jerk who spills out scripture with a bunch of nonsense and stupid icons

I am listed on more favorite lists than any other woman here

Perhaps it is your own lustful thoughts Exam your own perverted thoughts and convict yourself

God made my body and I work hard to maintain my good health

Only a man like you can take that and twist it into something impure

Repent and do not view my profile again

Do not respond

I am not interested in your foolishness

A true man of GOD can view my profile and find beauty only

Your thoughts go past my intent

You are disgusting for thinking such things of my pic

I do serve the lord and I spend a lot of time on that very beach with my pocket bible.

Not my fault men like you can't get past their own flesh

I would have to cover up so U don't get excited

That is your sin not mine fool

Again Exam your impure thought to a peaceful shot of me at the beach DON"T pervert an innocent pic

That is your mind not mine or real men of Christ

No other man on this site made your comment

The problem lies in your lustful eye So U R the Hypocrite

Best you gauge it out as scripture instructs so U can enter heaven

Good Luck I'm glad all the obese women who wear turtlenecks have a shot with you

HA I bet U would Never date an overweight girl

So Again Who's the HYPOCRITE

U

Don't look at my profile or pics "MY DEAR"

Move onto Large unattractive women who contact U b/c God told them 2 U cannot turn down a woman if she emails U even if U find her not appealing Make sure U listen to GOD now and date them Being that U only want a good heart yeh right!

Make sure U don't go to the beach U might end up in hell for having such perversion in your heart

Repent Quickly Repent Hypocrite

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Dec, 2010 12:56 PM

Dennis,

Now that Chirstmas is over and we have all enjoyed seeing 'Santa Cat', I was thinking perhaps it would be a good time for 'Bikini Cat'!

Hehehe!

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Dec, 2010 06:28 PM

Maybe I will surprise you 2sparows.

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Dec, 2010 08:52 PM

It surprised me that bear didn't have a bikini on! :ROFL:

chevy

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Dec, 2010 10:16 PM

Paul,

There is a pattern to your Threads. You do not handle �rejection� very well. What about your �photos�? A lot of �close up� shots and the �sleeveless� angle-shot. Your online name �Really_54� suggests that people should be surprised that you are Really 54.

Paul�there is Vanity written on your forehead. Whether this women was right or wrong with her choice of photos�the important thing with you is that she had the �AUDACITY� to reject you.

What message are we sending to our Brothers and Sisters and to those who are watching us (to see if they want to be like us). Are we coming across as �Self-Righteous� hypocrites? As a community of �fearful� people who quickly become a mob and start burning people at the stake?

Paul�it is obvious (to me anyway) that you are �proud� of your physique. Is that wrong�I think not. When you post a photo of yourself with your �guns� exposed�are you not �profiling� your body?

This woman probably works very hard to keep her body in the condition it is in. Why I do not agree that the Physical Body is a reason to start a relationship�it is her right to post those photos. She will hopefully learn that this is a mistake and that the type of men she will draw are the shallow types.

Paul�if that photo causes you to �stumble��then you need to look inward and seek the reason for that. The Female Body is not Evil. The thoughts of men are.

You could have presented this question in a more �discrete� way, but then you would not have come across as the �victim� and would not have generated much sympathy.

I�ll just leave you with her own words:

�God made my body and I work hard to maintain my good health

Only a man like you can take that and twist it into something impure�

really_54

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Dec, 2010 11:39 PM

HELLO...EARTH to Archimedes... we are talking about bikinis on a Christian Dating Site? :rolleyes: If you are in favor of women showing their bodies in bikinis on this site...say so. Let all the women know where you stand.

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jan, 2011 05:19 AM

Paul,

I have made my opinion on that very clear. If you allow women to wear bikinis at the beach for All to See...then you tell them that the cannot put that photo up on a Christian site...what are you saying?

I have said that she is making a mistake because of men that are looking for only the physical.

My point here is that you have a "track record" of calling women out after they have rejected you. You could have gone about this in a much better and Christian way.

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jan, 2011 12:15 PM

Really 54, I felt led by the spirit to give everybody advice in an earlier post in this forum. Question- Why would it be written that men council young men and women council young women????????

The jewish leaders brought a woman to jesus and said she has committed adultery.The law says to stone her, what do you say. Why did Jesus not reply- really 54??????

Then he said he who is without sin throw the first stone.

hmmmmmm

When I wrote that I saw a woman bellydancing pics on this site I just moved on.I oppose it but will not email the woman and bother her. Otherwise, I follow my own advice.

You had no bussiness displaying her email or yours for all to read.That is not a wise thing to do. You could have been much more discreet about this topic. To put her personal message to you makes it personal.

When I went back to school a year and half ago I was assigned to work with young ladies. They do not like old men doing what you did. They call such old guys, " creepers" .

They believe the old guy is stalking them.

Question - Why would you be looking at young ladies pictures anyways? They are too young. Brother remove the plank out of your eye before removing the little spot out of the young ladies.

You are being counciled friend, you made it public so the rebuke is public.

Leave the young lady profiles alone,please.

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jan, 2011 02:29 PM

Dennis, Steve, and Paul.

I really viewed this thread to see if Dennis had posted any pics of his cat in a bikini!....no not yet : (

But in reading all your posts,...I do believe there is balance somewhere in this. To explain:

*Do young women call these men creepers cause the don't want to listen to the truth?

*Is the man who shares his opinion on this necessarily a creeper?

*Can a opinion be shared in such a way that it will be accepted or rejected?

There are to many variables to make a hard fast judgement on this. No one has seen the pics. The young ladies response was obviously not a Godly one. As for Paul; he should ask himself: "Is the Holy Spirit leading me to give this young lady a heads up on her pick? If so what is the best way to present it so it will be accepted and not put in the "creeper" category. ?"

just some thoughts on "balance"

really_54

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jan, 2011 08:26 PM

Archimedes: "Nudists in Nudist Colonies have no problem with bikinis."

"You do not handle �rejection� very well."

"it is her right to post those photos"

"She will hopefully learn that this is a mistake"

"If you allow women to wear bikinis at the beach for All to See...then you tell them that the cannot put that photo up on a Christian site...what are you saying?"

No, Archimedes. . .the question is . . .What are you saying? The thread is not about nudist colonies, nor whether you want to pretend to be Dr. Spock to check out my psyche, nor is it about what women wear on the beach. In one breath you say the woman has a right to post these photos, and then in the next breath you say that she is making a mistake. You need to Stop, Look, and Listen.

Stop: your well-known tactics of personally attacking forum writers with the devilish purpose to discredit or hijack their post.

Look: at the title of the thread and stick to the topic.

Listen: to the wise counsel and advice of others on this thread such as SilverFire, bcpianogal, joeysings, and siylii . . .just to name a few.

dgrimater:

"As I do not know you and reread your post maybe you were right in your short letter to her. God Bless you my friend and pray for the young lady."

"You had no bussiness displaying her email or yours for all to read. That is not a wise thing to do."

Sadly, Dennis, your mixed messages are as muddy waters. Do not be so easily tossed by every gust of wind.

Now to the posts worth reading:

DontHitThatMark: "but whats the motivation to have it on their profile? To show off, right?" . . .Thank-you. You are so right on with your observation, you hit the mark. :applause:

SilverFire: "Just because you have the freedom to post pics of yourself in a revealing pose doesn't mean that you SHOULD." . . .Thank-you for that godly advice. :angel: If I may quote a scripture that ties nicely with that thought:

"All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful; all things are lawful for me, but not all things edify" (1 Corinthians 10:23 NKJV).

Blessings in Christ,

Paul

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jan, 2011 09:39 PM

Paul,

Dennis brings up a excellent point. What are you doing �looking� at profiles of women 20 years younger the you?

You are not the Judge of us Christians here on earth (or anywhere). You could have brought up the subject in such a way that it would not have brought this woman into the argument and in a way that did not make you �the victim�.

Yes, she has the �God Given Right� to post a photo of her in a bikini and Yes�I also have the right to my opinion that doing so is a mistake.

Paul, one thing for sure�I would never write to you because you do not have the first clue as to what �discretion� means.

Paul, you place something out in the PUBLIC Forum and therefore it is open to any and all type of comments. This is the second time that you�ve singled out a woman on this site because she Rejected you. The first one you drove off. I wonder what this one is thinking and if she is still on this site?

You can put whatever �spin� you�d like on this, but the Truth is there for all to see.

Before you �toss� stones at this woman (and any other woman)�you should look at the photos you have on your profile.

Page : 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11