Author Thread: Women and Bikinis on a Christian dating site
really_54

View Profile
History
Women and Bikinis on a Christian dating site
Posted : 23 Dec, 2010 11:04 PM

"Women and Bikinis"

Recently, I had the audacity to send a lady on this site an email after noticing that she had just posted a picture of herself in a bikini. I will not argue the fact that the picture was very alluring, but something else bothered me. Why would a beautiful woman who claims to be a Born Again Christian display her body in such a manner on the internet for all the world to see?

I'm sorry, I find it offensive that a Christian woman who is looking for a husband would display her body in such a manner. I certainly would not want my future wife advertising herself this way. "As a ring of gold in a swine's snout, so is a lovely woman who lacks discretion" (Proverbs 11:22).

Yet judging by her angry letter, perhaps I was wrong and the woman was right: "Not my fault men like you can't get past their own flesh."

So lets have your views ladies and gents on the subject of "Women and Bikinis" on a Christian dating site.

Blessings in Christ,

Paul

Below is my letter to her:

You are a beautiful lady, but you have diminished your beauty with the display of your bathing suit picture. It contradicts everything in your profile: "As for me and my house we shall serve the Lord"

"that the women adorn themselves in modest apparel...which is proper for women professing godliness" (1 Timothy 2:9-10).

Blessings,

Paul

Her response:

Then don't view my profile

U R 20 years older than me U R way 2 old

Why would you even think of clicking onto my beach shot

Please with the holier than thou

Do U really think women read your blah blah blah novel profile

A whole lot of ridiculous nothing

No one would ever finish that in one sitting nor would want 2

Boring!

U R not clever or righteous by any means

Cast your stone somewhere else idiot truck driver & film maker

That is laughable

There is a reason U R single

I advise U get a dog for companionship

nothing worse than a jerk who spills out scripture with a bunch of nonsense and stupid icons

I am listed on more favorite lists than any other woman here

Perhaps it is your own lustful thoughts Exam your own perverted thoughts and convict yourself

God made my body and I work hard to maintain my good health

Only a man like you can take that and twist it into something impure

Repent and do not view my profile again

Do not respond

I am not interested in your foolishness

A true man of GOD can view my profile and find beauty only

Your thoughts go past my intent

You are disgusting for thinking such things of my pic

I do serve the lord and I spend a lot of time on that very beach with my pocket bible.

Not my fault men like you can't get past their own flesh

I would have to cover up so U don't get excited

That is your sin not mine fool

Again Exam your impure thought to a peaceful shot of me at the beach DON"T pervert an innocent pic

That is your mind not mine or real men of Christ

No other man on this site made your comment

The problem lies in your lustful eye So U R the Hypocrite

Best you gauge it out as scripture instructs so U can enter heaven

Good Luck I'm glad all the obese women who wear turtlenecks have a shot with you

HA I bet U would Never date an overweight girl

So Again Who's the HYPOCRITE

U

Don't look at my profile or pics "MY DEAR"

Move onto Large unattractive women who contact U b/c God told them 2 U cannot turn down a woman if she emails U even if U find her not appealing Make sure U listen to GOD now and date them Being that U only want a good heart yeh right!

Make sure U don't go to the beach U might end up in hell for having such perversion in your heart

Repent Quickly Repent Hypocrite

thegodchaser62

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Oct, 2011 09:28 PM

My opinion, I don't think choosing any kind bathing suit is a good choice for a profile pic, but, right or wrong for you sent her the e-mail, of which it sounded like to me that you worded it a a very nice way, NOT condemning but it very graceful.

Her reply was not a response in any godly manner even to calling you a fool? To me it sounds like she may be a new convert or someone on a high estrogen level the time she wrote that letter. LOL!

That is one of those things that you need to just need to not take on any care, but pray for her and ask the Lord to touch her life.

She seems to have made you her enemy and God says to pray for our enemies...

really_54

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Oct, 2011 12:37 AM

Thank you thegodchaser62 and seeking66 for sharing on this thread.

Blessings,

Paul

destinysupply

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Oct, 2011 03:03 PM

All I can say is if it takes your physical body to get the man, it will probably take that to keep the man. And years down the road things just may change, move around, increase, decrease, raise, or drop. Get my drift? :glow:

really_54

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Oct, 2011 09:46 PM

destinysupplies..."All I can say is if it takes your physical body to get the man, it will probably take that to keep the man."...lots of truth in that statement. Thank you.

Blessings,

Paul

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Dec, 2011 04:13 PM

listien bikinis girl i understand you are angry but let me tell you something okay we as true chirstains have had enough of you unsaved women who come into are network and claim to be a chirstain there is plenty of sites in this world to do what you do okay so please if you want to show your body do it some where eles okay yes we as men love to see women in a bikini but that just isnt the point here the point is that the chirstain women who sent you eamil and told you about what GOD says is right to say this okay the owrld and unsaved people think that we as chirstians are just going to sit around and let you all bring us down you are wrong okay peter in the bible stood up for whats right and by GOD we will also okay so thats my opioin and you or nobody will tell me that i cant express what GOD says okay i hope that one day jesus comes into your heart and you will remember these times when you where like this and anyway if you ever get saved GOD would forgive all your sins amen so please becareful what you say to us who are real chirstians on this wonderful dating network that people have given us amen take care GOD be with you and i hope you come to jesus some day amen !!!

really_54

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Dec, 2011 11:06 PM

Thank you wayneo1960 for sharing your views. And I certainly agree with your hope for this woman: "And I hope you come to Jesus some day amen" May it be so. :angel:

Blessings,

Paul

Angelicah

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Dec, 2011 05:38 AM

If we are going to be posting these kind of pictures as Christians what are we trying portray to the world. As sonsand daughters of God we should be godly. The way we talk, dress,places we go to should gorify God. When u post a photo wearing a bikini u are exposing your body and what does the word of God say about that.

I really applaude the men who are trying to correct u, they are far from judging you. But what i would ask them to do is to send you scriptures you may read so that you are enlightened. Sometimes we commit sin not because we want to but because we are ignorant and being ignorant is also a sin.

God bless u all

really_54

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Dec, 2011 10:11 PM

Thank you Angelicah for sharing your thoughts: "The way we talk, dress,places we go to should gorify God"...so true.

Blessings,

Paul

really_54

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Dec, 2011 10:22 PM

Oops...sorry Angelicah, I copied your quote without checking the spelling. We knew what you meant though. "The way we talk, dress,places we go to should glorify God."

Blessings,

Paul

roeroe

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jan, 2012 10:46 AM

The anger in this reply....runs deeper than meets the eye!!...and I agree with some of the other posts....50-60% of people on this site are not Pure Christians...who have a deep relationship with Christ...I'm not judging....because I was immature in the Lord just like all of us. But when I read that reply I see anger, contradiction, and let's be totally honest...we are all Human...and have desires...show a little discretion...I feel the same way about the Men on the beaches...flexing their Muscles...it truly puts up a red flag for me. If you have a nice body...that's great...you should be proud...But tell me what do you think Jesus would ask you?....And why do you think you have more favs than all of us...because of your brains??....And why do you have to bring large women with turtlenecks into it???? Maybe you should purchase a bigger bible than the pocket size!! So Men think of it also...when you have your shirts off flexing...it's the same thing...Don't care there's a lot more that has to go along with that body....

Page : 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13