Author Thread: Women and Bikinis on a Christian dating site
really_54

View Profile
History
Women and Bikinis on a Christian dating site
Posted : 23 Dec, 2010 11:04 PM

"Women and Bikinis"

Recently, I had the audacity to send a lady on this site an email after noticing that she had just posted a picture of herself in a bikini. I will not argue the fact that the picture was very alluring, but something else bothered me. Why would a beautiful woman who claims to be a Born Again Christian display her body in such a manner on the internet for all the world to see?

I'm sorry, I find it offensive that a Christian woman who is looking for a husband would display her body in such a manner. I certainly would not want my future wife advertising herself this way. "As a ring of gold in a swine's snout, so is a lovely woman who lacks discretion" (Proverbs 11:22).

Yet judging by her angry letter, perhaps I was wrong and the woman was right: "Not my fault men like you can't get past their own flesh."

So lets have your views ladies and gents on the subject of "Women and Bikinis" on a Christian dating site.

Blessings in Christ,

Paul

Below is my letter to her:

You are a beautiful lady, but you have diminished your beauty with the display of your bathing suit picture. It contradicts everything in your profile: "As for me and my house we shall serve the Lord"

"that the women adorn themselves in modest apparel...which is proper for women professing godliness" (1 Timothy 2:9-10).

Blessings,

Paul

Her response:

Then don't view my profile

U R 20 years older than me U R way 2 old

Why would you even think of clicking onto my beach shot

Please with the holier than thou

Do U really think women read your blah blah blah novel profile

A whole lot of ridiculous nothing

No one would ever finish that in one sitting nor would want 2

Boring!

U R not clever or righteous by any means

Cast your stone somewhere else idiot truck driver & film maker

That is laughable

There is a reason U R single

I advise U get a dog for companionship

nothing worse than a jerk who spills out scripture with a bunch of nonsense and stupid icons

I am listed on more favorite lists than any other woman here

Perhaps it is your own lustful thoughts Exam your own perverted thoughts and convict yourself

God made my body and I work hard to maintain my good health

Only a man like you can take that and twist it into something impure

Repent and do not view my profile again

Do not respond

I am not interested in your foolishness

A true man of GOD can view my profile and find beauty only

Your thoughts go past my intent

You are disgusting for thinking such things of my pic

I do serve the lord and I spend a lot of time on that very beach with my pocket bible.

Not my fault men like you can't get past their own flesh

I would have to cover up so U don't get excited

That is your sin not mine fool

Again Exam your impure thought to a peaceful shot of me at the beach DON"T pervert an innocent pic

That is your mind not mine or real men of Christ

No other man on this site made your comment

The problem lies in your lustful eye So U R the Hypocrite

Best you gauge it out as scripture instructs so U can enter heaven

Good Luck I'm glad all the obese women who wear turtlenecks have a shot with you

HA I bet U would Never date an overweight girl

So Again Who's the HYPOCRITE

U

Don't look at my profile or pics "MY DEAR"

Move onto Large unattractive women who contact U b/c God told them 2 U cannot turn down a woman if she emails U even if U find her not appealing Make sure U listen to GOD now and date them Being that U only want a good heart yeh right!

Make sure U don't go to the beach U might end up in hell for having such perversion in your heart

Repent Quickly Repent Hypocrite

really_54

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jan, 2011 10:08 PM

Archimedes: Nice try, but I'm afraid you have once again exposed yourself for who you really are with the use of your "Strawman" tactics. You have just confirmed to everyone here what I said about you above. Please do not waste the time of genuine Christians who want to participate in this forum. Your red herrings are starting to stink.

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jan, 2011 07:36 AM

Paul,

I don't need any "straw man" or "red herring" debating tactics because I am not debating anything here. I am simply pointing out a Fact. This is the second woman that you've brought into the Forum because she rejected you. No straw man or red herring...just the facts ma'am.

really_54

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jan, 2011 09:23 AM

Archimedes: "Nudists in Nudist Colonies have no problem with bikinis."

"You do not handle �rejection� very well."

"it is her right to post those photos"

"She will hopefully learn that this is a mistake"

"If you allow women to wear bikinis at the beach for All to See...then you tell them that the cannot put that photo up on a Christian site...what are you saying?"

No, Archimedes. . .the question is . . .What are you saying? The thread is not about nudist colonies, nor whether you want to pretend to be Dr. Spock to check out my psyche, nor is it about what women wear on the beach. In one breath you say the woman has a right to post these photos and then in the next breath you say that she is making a mistake. You need to Stop, Look, and Listen.

Stop: your well-known tactics of personally attacking forum writers with the devilish purpose to discredit or hijack their post.

Look: at the title of the thread and stick to the topic.

Listen: to the wise counsel and advice of others on this thread such as SilverFire, bcpianogal, joeysings, and siylii . . .just to name a few.

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jan, 2011 04:01 PM

friends- when I read Archs post about this being the 2nd woman that this has happened too, I began to wonder about the forum writers real intent here. If he has made a woman's emails public before that is rude and harrassment.

Women have left this site when other guys have done that to them before. It is a form of stalking.

We only have what the writer said he wrote. Was more written????????????? why did this girl go off the handle???

If you are so offended by such a pic just report it and move on? it is not something that should be advertised every time a woman has a problem with you.

I have been here over a year and do remember if some guys complain about rejection or make notices public,such as emails.

penguinradar

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jan, 2011 04:21 PM

Really_54:

I don't get you. You could have just written "Do you believe it's ok for women on this site to post pictures of themselves in bikinis?" and everyone would have been free to give their opinion as they saw fit. But instead you started sharing emails, taking the focus off of the question and on to yourself. Of course, that act made this whole thread personal. And now, you take every person's response personally as well, because the thread is personal.

And this is the part that really just boggles my mind: you praise the people posting that agree with you, while belittling those that don't agree with you. You call those that think the girl should not have displayed that picture "wise" while insinuating that any post that disagrees with your approach is not "worth reading". As someone who was once so passionate about avoiding rudeness and treating people how we would treat Christ, you certainly have portrayed yourself as quite the hypocrite in this forum.

I wonder, if Jesus Christ Himself had written a post here saying he disagreed with how you handled this situation, would you publicly insult Him and tell others his post was not worth reading?

We cannot tackle the monsters of this world until we tackle the monster in the mirror.

really_54

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jan, 2011 08:53 PM

dgrimater:

"As I do not know you and reread your post maybe you were right in your short letter to her. God Bless you my friend and pray for the young lady."

"You had no bussiness displaying her email or yours for all to read. That is not a wise thing to do."

Sadly, Dennis, your mixed messages are as muddy waters. Do not be so easily tossed by every gust of wind.

Penquinradar: "Do you believe it's ok for women on this site to post pictures of themselves in bikinis?" My dear, that is the question of this thread. Thank-you for reminding us. Please feel free to answer it.

Blessings,

Paul

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jan, 2011 12:33 AM

I do believe that it's inappropriate for a woman to post a picture of herself in a bikini esp. on a christian dating site, it's like selling urself or something. But it's not bad to wear a bikini if ur enjoying urself at the beach. However, pictures taken should be exclusive maybe to ur facebook account, or albums at home, but never on a christian dating site. Wow! that mail she sent u was horrible! I can tell that she's not a true christian. But maybe it wasn't a good idea that u showed everyone her mails, maybe u could have just taken a few lines or paraphrased some.

really_54

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jan, 2011 09:02 PM

"I do believe that it's inappropriate for a woman to post a picture of herself in a bikini esp. on a christian dating site, it's like selling urself or something." . . .Thank you ria915 for your straightforward answer and your wise counsel that followed:

"However, pictures taken should be exclusive maybe to ur facebook account, or albums at home, but never on a christian dating site"

Blessings,

Paul

Rosisrami

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Mar, 2011 11:13 AM

I completely agree with you on your approach. I do not like the man who could be my future husband is thus exposed to the world. And I think that being a Christian woman she is very aggressive and is involved more in the things of the world in the things of God. Maybe she is a new believer and maybe she needs more knowledge in the Word of God. Pray for her.

really_54

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Mar, 2011 10:39 PM

Thank you Rosisrami for your thoughts and your very good advice..."Pray for her."

Blessings,

Paul

Page : 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12