Author Thread: Women and Bikinis on a Christian dating site
really_54

View Profile
History
Women and Bikinis on a Christian dating site
Posted : 23 Dec, 2010 11:04 PM

"Women and Bikinis"

Recently, I had the audacity to send a lady on this site an email after noticing that she had just posted a picture of herself in a bikini. I will not argue the fact that the picture was very alluring, but something else bothered me. Why would a beautiful woman who claims to be a Born Again Christian display her body in such a manner on the internet for all the world to see?

I'm sorry, I find it offensive that a Christian woman who is looking for a husband would display her body in such a manner. I certainly would not want my future wife advertising herself this way. "As a ring of gold in a swine's snout, so is a lovely woman who lacks discretion" (Proverbs 11:22).

Yet judging by her angry letter, perhaps I was wrong and the woman was right: "Not my fault men like you can't get past their own flesh."

So lets have your views ladies and gents on the subject of "Women and Bikinis" on a Christian dating site.

Blessings in Christ,

Paul

Below is my letter to her:

You are a beautiful lady, but you have diminished your beauty with the display of your bathing suit picture. It contradicts everything in your profile: "As for me and my house we shall serve the Lord"

"that the women adorn themselves in modest apparel...which is proper for women professing godliness" (1 Timothy 2:9-10).

Blessings,

Paul

Her response:

Then don't view my profile

U R 20 years older than me U R way 2 old

Why would you even think of clicking onto my beach shot

Please with the holier than thou

Do U really think women read your blah blah blah novel profile

A whole lot of ridiculous nothing

No one would ever finish that in one sitting nor would want 2

Boring!

U R not clever or righteous by any means

Cast your stone somewhere else idiot truck driver & film maker

That is laughable

There is a reason U R single

I advise U get a dog for companionship

nothing worse than a jerk who spills out scripture with a bunch of nonsense and stupid icons

I am listed on more favorite lists than any other woman here

Perhaps it is your own lustful thoughts Exam your own perverted thoughts and convict yourself

God made my body and I work hard to maintain my good health

Only a man like you can take that and twist it into something impure

Repent and do not view my profile again

Do not respond

I am not interested in your foolishness

A true man of GOD can view my profile and find beauty only

Your thoughts go past my intent

You are disgusting for thinking such things of my pic

I do serve the lord and I spend a lot of time on that very beach with my pocket bible.

Not my fault men like you can't get past their own flesh

I would have to cover up so U don't get excited

That is your sin not mine fool

Again Exam your impure thought to a peaceful shot of me at the beach DON"T pervert an innocent pic

That is your mind not mine or real men of Christ

No other man on this site made your comment

The problem lies in your lustful eye So U R the Hypocrite

Best you gauge it out as scripture instructs so U can enter heaven

Good Luck I'm glad all the obese women who wear turtlenecks have a shot with you

HA I bet U would Never date an overweight girl

So Again Who's the HYPOCRITE

U

Don't look at my profile or pics "MY DEAR"

Move onto Large unattractive women who contact U b/c God told them 2 U cannot turn down a woman if she emails U even if U find her not appealing Make sure U listen to GOD now and date them Being that U only want a good heart yeh right!

Make sure U don't go to the beach U might end up in hell for having such perversion in your heart

Repent Quickly Repent Hypocrite

TrustandRejoice

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Sep, 2013 05:35 PM

I wish everyone would just keep their clothes on. Men with no shirts on is not attractive either. I will add everyone needs to check themselves .......and recheck. It's a constant. I believe when you follow Jesus he will change your spirit if you allow him to do so. We are all at different levels in our walk. Maintain your own doorstep and quit trying to change others. Only God can change a man's heart.........or a woman's.

really_54

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Oct, 2013 03:18 PM

TrustandRejoice: " I wish everyone would just keep their clothes on. Men with no shirts on is not attractive either." ...a very good point..thank you. :angel:

Blessings,

Paul

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Oct, 2013 04:05 PM

There is a big difference between one who calls oneself a Christian and one who truly has a relationship with the King of Kings and walks with him daily.

If there is a true relationship, it will dictate what we say, how we dress and how we respond to messages that we don't like to read.

I do not wear turtlenecks, and do not worry about how many men have 'favorited" me. I do, however, love to dress and act like a lady who loves her Lord.

In this, if there is a man who appreciates this, God will show him to me, if not, then I am better off alone and will still have a joy filled life! It is not about attracting men, but perhaps finding the ONE that God may have for me. I will not cross my boundaries to find such a man.

Respectfully yours,

Abidingjoy

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Dec, 2013 09:26 AM

When I was younger, thinner, and not even a Christian, i wore a modest one piece bathing suit. Why? I was uncomfortable with the lustful attention received, even wearing that one piece suit!

Nor is everyone on this site a Christian. Nor is everyone who says they are a Christian, truly a Christian. I have learned to take things w/ a grain of salt. No, it is not good that someone who professes to be a Christian, acts no different than those in the world. When people complain about 'hypocrite Christians'?Ii tell them the same thing........ that not everyone professing Christianity truly is a Christian. By our fruit we will be known..... Not everyone 'walks the talk'.

Page : 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13