Author Thread: Women and Bikinis on a Christian dating site
really_54

View Profile
History
Women and Bikinis on a Christian dating site
Posted : 23 Dec, 2010 11:04 PM

"Women and Bikinis"

Recently, I had the audacity to send a lady on this site an email after noticing that she had just posted a picture of herself in a bikini. I will not argue the fact that the picture was very alluring, but something else bothered me. Why would a beautiful woman who claims to be a Born Again Christian display her body in such a manner on the internet for all the world to see?

I'm sorry, I find it offensive that a Christian woman who is looking for a husband would display her body in such a manner. I certainly would not want my future wife advertising herself this way. "As a ring of gold in a swine's snout, so is a lovely woman who lacks discretion" (Proverbs 11:22).

Yet judging by her angry letter, perhaps I was wrong and the woman was right: "Not my fault men like you can't get past their own flesh."

So lets have your views ladies and gents on the subject of "Women and Bikinis" on a Christian dating site.

Blessings in Christ,

Paul

Below is my letter to her:

You are a beautiful lady, but you have diminished your beauty with the display of your bathing suit picture. It contradicts everything in your profile: "As for me and my house we shall serve the Lord"

"that the women adorn themselves in modest apparel...which is proper for women professing godliness" (1 Timothy 2:9-10).

Blessings,

Paul

Her response:

Then don't view my profile

U R 20 years older than me U R way 2 old

Why would you even think of clicking onto my beach shot

Please with the holier than thou

Do U really think women read your blah blah blah novel profile

A whole lot of ridiculous nothing

No one would ever finish that in one sitting nor would want 2

Boring!

U R not clever or righteous by any means

Cast your stone somewhere else idiot truck driver & film maker

That is laughable

There is a reason U R single

I advise U get a dog for companionship

nothing worse than a jerk who spills out scripture with a bunch of nonsense and stupid icons

I am listed on more favorite lists than any other woman here

Perhaps it is your own lustful thoughts Exam your own perverted thoughts and convict yourself

God made my body and I work hard to maintain my good health

Only a man like you can take that and twist it into something impure

Repent and do not view my profile again

Do not respond

I am not interested in your foolishness

A true man of GOD can view my profile and find beauty only

Your thoughts go past my intent

You are disgusting for thinking such things of my pic

I do serve the lord and I spend a lot of time on that very beach with my pocket bible.

Not my fault men like you can't get past their own flesh

I would have to cover up so U don't get excited

That is your sin not mine fool

Again Exam your impure thought to a peaceful shot of me at the beach DON"T pervert an innocent pic

That is your mind not mine or real men of Christ

No other man on this site made your comment

The problem lies in your lustful eye So U R the Hypocrite

Best you gauge it out as scripture instructs so U can enter heaven

Good Luck I'm glad all the obese women who wear turtlenecks have a shot with you

HA I bet U would Never date an overweight girl

So Again Who's the HYPOCRITE

U

Don't look at my profile or pics "MY DEAR"

Move onto Large unattractive women who contact U b/c God told them 2 U cannot turn down a woman if she emails U even if U find her not appealing Make sure U listen to GOD now and date them Being that U only want a good heart yeh right!

Make sure U don't go to the beach U might end up in hell for having such perversion in your heart

Repent Quickly Repent Hypocrite

loopylee

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jul, 2011 07:04 AM

?? Well I am not using any scripture... but I am disappointed a young lady has to think to pose in a bikini to think she is the favourite of all of us?? I certainly don't want men to look at me like that.. but see me with some brains and respectablity.. even if i was your age and as you can see i look great now.. I wouldn't done that... when you go to heaven and meet God... what do you think He would say.. "Well done my Good and faithful Servant or "WELL?"

You see its not what other people think but what God sees.. and that weighs out so much more to me... I am quite saddened by you determination to be rude and ignorant... I am telling you off which is a correction... I came on here to be on a christian site not something like this... sorry but you need to get over the world and the way women have to portray themselves.. we are not of the world..

Judging is judgin.. but being told off is scriptural.. then I leave it all in your hands with you and God.. and He will deal with everyone accordingly.

really_54

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jul, 2011 11:10 PM

Windblowngirl..."it goes back to modesty and being different than the world"...how true. Thank you for your thoughts.

Felixwad... "so let be careful on how we dress as Christians"....indeed.

Loopylee..."I certainly don't want men to look at me like that, but see me with some brains and respectability." ...good advice from "downunder." I see that Australia has more than just man-eating sharks for an attraction. :rolleyes:

Blessings,

Paul

clessy

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Aug, 2011 07:38 AM

well i totally agree with you bro Paul it doesnt matter if you are older than her we are all christian singles so some of us say but i believe is not all of us on this site are really saved even so you have a right to correct her about her dressing on a christian site and isnt it? as christian we must be different set apart individuals we are the light of the world and if we that are the light lose our savour wherewithal shall we be salted again, lest not just have a form of Godliness but deny the power thereof , remember God is holy and our body is his temple where he live in and God dont dwell where uncleaness is, let me say there is no harm to wear a bikinis as thats the wear for the beach would a woman wear a long skirt to the beach to swim in no that would look so odds so a modest swimwear is ok for a christian woman nothing too revealing as all we do we must do it modestly and i didnt say that but Gods words, i know she must be hurt for what bro paul may have said but all that she reply back to him just show who she really is as thats not how a christian should react but be more humble so i therefore encourage you all single christian women lets be humble and modest in all we do and let the life we live speak for us God bless you all:angel:

really_54

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Aug, 2011 10:57 PM

Thank you clessy for speaking so forthright on the subject and the godly counsel that followed.

Blessings,

Paul

really_54

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Sep, 2011 10:02 AM

And thanks to all who have written to me personally to voice their opinions.

Blessings,

Paul

md1018

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Sep, 2011 02:43 PM

Wow..This post went on for almost a year, with the young girl in the swim suit being a large part of the topic. More then likely a lot of us just read the post without posting a comment ourselves, ...I know I started not to post, but I felt urged to say this:

It probably was a lot of what has been said here going on with her and maybe more, I don't know. Surely she was offended. I believe most time we don't have to be told when we are doing wrong or have made a mistake, we kind of know that what we are involved in isn't right. I remember when I was in the world, I did wrong things, I kinda felt bad but it just didn't register for me to change - I needed help, I didn't see my sinful state surely I was blind. Jesus changeed all that when He saved me, I love Him so much and tell Him everyday & thank Him. You guys know that song that says " I never know how much it cost, to see my sins upon that cross" The young girl just hasn't got there yet, but if we pray for her it's guaranteed she will get there. The fervent effective prayers of the righteous avail much. Just think, this post has been going on almost a year, if prayers have been going forward for her all this time who know what change may have come about. Maybe prayer has been going forward...?

Some of us have confessed Jesus Christ as our savior, but are still blind in some areas of our life, " ...Old thing are passed away behold all things are become new" It doesn't happened overnight, and that's why we have to uphold and pray for the weaker parts of the body, we are one body, the body of Christ. When the leg is hurt we don't cut it off less we become lame, but pray, help each other however we can... and in this case pray. God set this up... She displayed herself on a "Christian Site" someone called her out, she responded, others were allowed to see her heart, now what... WWJD? What did He do with Mary M, although she came in repentance, what about the adulterous woman they wanted to stone. He said neither do I judge you go and sin no more; and that was God. I believe He interceded for her, as should we, for this young women, less something worst happens. I pray for know; that she will come into her true destiny, as God has called her to be set apart. You predestined her Lord to be called Your daughter in Christ Jesus. Let her begin to see herself as you see her through the blood of Jesus, washed, and cleansed daily from all unrighteousness, let her walk in her destiny and fulfill her calling, let her come to know you more , and hunger & thirst after you, let her be the Deborah in this generation, a warrior for Christ's sake and for the glory of God, give her joy God and heal her were ever needed because you love her so much, bless her Lord to know you even more and have a deeper walk with You, smear her with your presence and let your scent linger from her where ever she goes & let her change atmosphere for Your glory Lord. Let her Oh Lord be found by the godly man who will love her and honor her as Christ loved the Church. In Jesus I Pray, Amen.

really_54

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Sep, 2011 10:25 PM

Thank you md1018 for sharing your thoughts and for your heartfelt prayer. :angel:

Blessings,

Paul

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Oct, 2011 06:47 PM

While a woman should dress modestly unfortunely men do have a problem woth vewing woman and you are right it is thier problem if you see a ttractive lady and she is not yours look elsewhere not at her

really_54

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Oct, 2011 07:01 PM

Thanks Mike for your sound advice.

Blessings,

Paul

seeking66

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Oct, 2011 04:54 PM

I agree riveroflife1

I bet God is pleased with her choice of words for another Christian.

I hope she hasn't just cleaned her windows in her glass house,,,by now they are are broken from her slanderous words.

Please, my fellow brothers and sisters.....PEACE!!!

Page : 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13