Author Thread: Women and Bikinis on a Christian dating site
really_54

View Profile
History
Women and Bikinis on a Christian dating site
Posted : 23 Dec, 2010 11:04 PM

"Women and Bikinis"

Recently, I had the audacity to send a lady on this site an email after noticing that she had just posted a picture of herself in a bikini. I will not argue the fact that the picture was very alluring, but something else bothered me. Why would a beautiful woman who claims to be a Born Again Christian display her body in such a manner on the internet for all the world to see?

I'm sorry, I find it offensive that a Christian woman who is looking for a husband would display her body in such a manner. I certainly would not want my future wife advertising herself this way. "As a ring of gold in a swine's snout, so is a lovely woman who lacks discretion" (Proverbs 11:22).

Yet judging by her angry letter, perhaps I was wrong and the woman was right: "Not my fault men like you can't get past their own flesh."

So lets have your views ladies and gents on the subject of "Women and Bikinis" on a Christian dating site.

Blessings in Christ,

Paul

Below is my letter to her:

You are a beautiful lady, but you have diminished your beauty with the display of your bathing suit picture. It contradicts everything in your profile: "As for me and my house we shall serve the Lord"

"that the women adorn themselves in modest apparel...which is proper for women professing godliness" (1 Timothy 2:9-10).

Blessings,

Paul

Her response:

Then don't view my profile

U R 20 years older than me U R way 2 old

Why would you even think of clicking onto my beach shot

Please with the holier than thou

Do U really think women read your blah blah blah novel profile

A whole lot of ridiculous nothing

No one would ever finish that in one sitting nor would want 2

Boring!

U R not clever or righteous by any means

Cast your stone somewhere else idiot truck driver & film maker

That is laughable

There is a reason U R single

I advise U get a dog for companionship

nothing worse than a jerk who spills out scripture with a bunch of nonsense and stupid icons

I am listed on more favorite lists than any other woman here

Perhaps it is your own lustful thoughts Exam your own perverted thoughts and convict yourself

God made my body and I work hard to maintain my good health

Only a man like you can take that and twist it into something impure

Repent and do not view my profile again

Do not respond

I am not interested in your foolishness

A true man of GOD can view my profile and find beauty only

Your thoughts go past my intent

You are disgusting for thinking such things of my pic

I do serve the lord and I spend a lot of time on that very beach with my pocket bible.

Not my fault men like you can't get past their own flesh

I would have to cover up so U don't get excited

That is your sin not mine fool

Again Exam your impure thought to a peaceful shot of me at the beach DON"T pervert an innocent pic

That is your mind not mine or real men of Christ

No other man on this site made your comment

The problem lies in your lustful eye So U R the Hypocrite

Best you gauge it out as scripture instructs so U can enter heaven

Good Luck I'm glad all the obese women who wear turtlenecks have a shot with you

HA I bet U would Never date an overweight girl

So Again Who's the HYPOCRITE

U

Don't look at my profile or pics "MY DEAR"

Move onto Large unattractive women who contact U b/c God told them 2 U cannot turn down a woman if she emails U even if U find her not appealing Make sure U listen to GOD now and date them Being that U only want a good heart yeh right!

Make sure U don't go to the beach U might end up in hell for having such perversion in your heart

Repent Quickly Repent Hypocrite

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Dec, 2010 11:56 PM

I would have to ask myself what a woman is thinking when she puts a bikini picture on her dating profile. I don't think swimsuits are usually "taboo" in their respective environments, but why have a picture of yourself in one on a christian dating site? It isn't limited to women or bikini's either. Men have their traditional muscle/flexing/shirtless shots...but whats the motivation to have it on their profile? To show off, right? Personally, that's the only answer I can come up with. I mean, I have muscles, and it would probably get me a lot of attention if I had shirtless pictures on my profile. There's a reason I don't though. I know I would just be feeding my pride and causing other people to stumble. Maybe the motivations are different in other people, I don't know. Maybe it seems harmless and people don't think about it. Anyway...everyone is free to do as they please. Just remember that the bait you use can affect what you "catch".

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Dec, 2010 12:04 AM

"I know I would just be feeding my pride and causing other people to stumble."

And creating lots of extra work for your girlfriend in protecting her status from usurpers. :boxing:

rainbowian

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Dec, 2010 06:52 AM

Maybe she wanted to clear up the whole body type thing?

really_54

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Dec, 2010 09:37 AM

Shepherdingking: Your post is worthy of a story...

Teacher to her six-year olds: "Now class, who would like to tell me what 3 things you should always do before crossing a street?"

Little Johnny eagerly waved his hand at the teacher. "Pick me! Pick me!"

Teacher: "Okay Johnny."

Little Johnny jumped to his feet and proudly proclaimed, "My DOG has BIG teeth!"

Bornagaintoserve: Thank-you for your words of wisdom...worthwhile reading :rocknroll:

Blessings,

Paul

SilverFire

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Dec, 2010 07:10 PM

I don't see how the woman is RIGHT. Look at her response. She is judgmental, hateful, obnoxious, and unloving -- completely out of proportion. In nothing she said or did does she consider that she is laying a stumbling block for her brothers. That's what important here, or have we forgotten? "Food for the stomach, and the stomach for food -- yes, but God will destroy them both." Just because you have the freedom to post pics of yourself in a revealing pose doesn't mean that you SHOULD. Someone who doesn't exercise discretion should be shunned.

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Dec, 2010 10:27 PM

That's funny, Paul. :laugh:

Sometimes, we hijack or "bunny trail" threads without ever knowing what hit us. :rolleyes:

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Dec, 2010 01:44 PM

I recently found a woman my age advertising her hobby in her profile pictures. She is a belly dancer I just moved on, in disgust. One of you ladies can hunt her down and email her.:buddies:

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Dec, 2010 07:29 AM

Paul,

This is so familiar! I remember when you started a thread about some poor women that would not answer your email even after you wrote her and she wrote back telling you that she was not interested and then you kept writing to her many more times and then you finally posted her response (if I remember correctly).

She eventually left this site.

Why I am not taking her this current woman's side�we do need to consider something she wrote. What God Creates is GOOD. God Created us in His Image. The Human Body is good and beautiful. It is Our Sinful Nature that makes a woman�s body SINFUL!

This women�s �sin� might be considered to be Pride. Paul your sin is also Pride. If you have Lustful Desires when you look at a woman in a bikini�then Pluck that eye out!

Nudists in Nudist Colonies have no problem with bikinis.

Here is a copy of your thread:

The words Egomaniac and Narcissist come to mind. Just a thought

Posted by you (Paul)

Are you guilty of "RUDE BEHAVIOUR?"

Posted : 21 Dec, 2009 09:30 AM

Hi Everyone,

I want to start a new thread today based on something that happened recently. It is becoming so common place on this site, that I think it's worth addressing. And that is: "RUDE BEHAVIOUR."

Perhaps you have been a victim. Or perhaps you have been guilty of it. Let us examine it.

A couple of days ago I sent a polite email to someone who was new on this site. I always welcome them and ask if they have a testimony to share of how they came to Christ and would they like mine. I sent it off and to my surprise, it was instantly read. There was no immediate response... which is not unusual. I checked the next day and there was still nothing.

"They must be shy," I thought. I wrote a poem ... talking about the virtues of Christ inside of us being a hidden treasure. I sent it off and again instantly she read it. However, as before, there was no response. "That's strange," I thought. Why would someone read your email instantly as soon as it arrived but not respond? What did I do or say that could have possibly caused her not to respond?

I sent a third email. This one was completely ignored. Now I have to confess. I have had my emails ignored before...but none made me as offended as this lady's actions( or lack thereof). For two days, I did nothing, till finally I could not hold back. I sent the following email not knowing if she would ever read it. I prayed that she would:

It is never wrong to be courteous

Message : ...No...I'm not a stalker, a scammer, a bug-a boo, or someone who just fell off the planet. However, whether you know it or not, I felt that way. Your silence is more painful than a courteous... "I'm not interested." I know these dating sites are full of strange people and you may have been a victim to such abuse.

Yet, for the most part, there are real Christian men on this site who have feelings just like you. And just as you would want them to be courteous to you, they desire the same treatment.

Just to let you know, I'm not in the least bit interested in dialoguing with you if you're not like minded. There are a lot of nice Christian ladies who write me that I do not consider as a future mate. Yet as a believer in Christ, I treat them with the respect that a child of God deserves. I do not ignore them as if they do not exist. We represent Jesus Christ to the world and to each other. Let us behave in such a way...so as to glorify our Saviour.

Blessings,

Paul

Believe it or not...she did read it... even though she never read the previous email. This was her only response... the site's computer generated answer: "Sorry, I dont think we would make a good match." Then she promptly took herself off the site.

WOW... from RUDE to SPITE... and that was someone who calls themself a Christian... who claims to love Jesus with all their heart.

Now contrast that please to another lady who politely sent this response to my email only one day later:

Paul,

Thanks for replying, but we live too far apart. I wish you the best of luck!!!

Take care,

Chris

I got the message loud and clear of "no interest" without being offended. It was personal (not computer generated ) and signed. I was so delighted in receiving it that I sent this response:

Thanks Chris for taking the time to reply

Blessings,

Paul

I have had many ladies respond to my emails with gratefulness that I even wrote them back... citing how rude they had been treated by guys who simply ignore ther email.

I know there are lots of weirdos and kooks on this site whose only recourse you have to their harrassment is to ignore or "Block" them. I understand that. But that does not excuse you for behaving rudely towards a legitimate brother or sister in Christ. For the way you treat them is the way you are treating Jesus. It costs you nothing to be courteous.

Remember...there are people behind those emails. They are not blimps on your radar screen. They have feelings just like you. Treat them with the respect that a child of God deserves. Ignoring them is RUDE. Computer generated answers is RUDE. Blocking them for no good reason is also RUDE.

Okay my brothers and sisters.... fill the page.

Blessings,

Paul

really_54

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Dec, 2010 10:31 AM

Archimedes: You and Shepherdingking must be twins... you both think alike. :rocknroll:

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Dec, 2010 10:47 AM

Arch thank you for your insight, maybe that is why the Apostle paul wrote in the New testament that women council young women and men council young men.

Dennis

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10