Author Thread
teach_ib

View Profile
Have you been CONDEMMNED by others as having an "UNBIBLICAL DIVORCE" ?
Posted : 25 Nov, 2013 09:55 PM

Matthew 7:1�Judge not, that ye be not judged.�

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.�

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?�

4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?�

5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Matthew 7:15�Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.�

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?�

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.�

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

teach_ib

View Profile
Posted : 25 Nov, 2013 09:07 PM

1 Corinthians 4:1�Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.

2 Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.�

3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.�

4 For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.�

5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

6 And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another.�

7 For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

8 Now ye are full, now ye are rich, ye have reigned as kings without us: and I would to God ye did reign, that we also might reign with you.

9 For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men.�

10 We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised.�

11 Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;�

12 And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:�

13 Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.

14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.�

15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.�

16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.�

17 For this cause have I sent unto you Timotheus, who is my beloved son, and faithful in the Lord, who shall bring you into remembrance of my ways which be in Christ, as I teach every where in every church.

18 Now some are puffed up, as though I would not come to you.�

19 But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord will, and will know, not the speech of them which are puffed up, but the power.�

20 For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.�

21 What will ye? shall I come unto you with a rod, or in love, and in the spirit of meekness?

teach_ib

View Profile
Posted : 25 Nov, 2013 08:07 PM

2 Timothy 3:1��This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.�

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,�

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,�

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;�

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.�

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,�

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.�

8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.�

9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.

�10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,�

11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.�

12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.�

13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.�

14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;�

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:�

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

teach_ib

View Profile
Posted : 25 Nov, 2013 07:56 PM

IWA wrote: "On Jun 5, 2012, you introduced yourself to me (a complete stranger to you) by calling me a "legalist". When forced to prove your claim that I am a legalist, you supplied a non-Biblical explanation of legalist. "

***First of all I introduced myself to the thread on that date...you have now confirmed you are the previously banned BobBobbins as IWA was not on the thread at that time. �As for a non-Biblical explanation, I provided the definition I used in referring to you and Singer on the way you were presenting your views. �I don't believe the term "legalist" is in the Bible so any description would fundamentally be non-Biblical. �Whether you agree with my definition or description or impression of you is not relevant.

I made my assessment of your posts based on over 80 posts made on the thread before I even read and responded as my first post was on page 9. �

On other threads you interacted me in recent months representing yourself as IWA, never alluding to your other entity on this site of which you were banned. Did you ever say you were BobBobbins? No. When Jude started pointing out that you were BobBobbins on other threads, you all but denied it fundamentally calling her a liar. I had my suspicions after weeks of posting, but I didn't say one way or another. You openly revealed yourself with the post cited above.

So yes, whatever credibility you may have had with me as IWA, has now gone to ZERO.

And Singer has confirmed in his recent post that the term 'legalist' is not in the Bible and he posted his non-Biblical interpretation of the term 'legalist', posting a variety of Scripture that supports his view.

teach_ib

View Profile
Posted : 25 Nov, 2013 07:45 PM

IWA/BobBobbins wrote: "This is a show. It's how her game is played. Notice, what I said, "Time to make yourself appear righteous by posting a bunch of off-topic Scripture again? ". Then, please notice what she did, she posted a bunch of off-topic Scripture."

This is no show. It is me posting Scripture in reference to the statements made by you and/or Singer. They are passages I have posted before in response to the same questions only grouped or broken apart for emphasis. Singer has asked about law and grace and loss of salvation...and I will post the verses again and again as necessary.

As for as appearing righteous...I have never claimed that or implied that by posting Scripture. I am a sinner saved by grace...no better than any other person. We have had this dialog on other threads on the value of posting Scripture instead of men's interpretation and dissertations as other choose to do. I have yet to understand how posting Scripture can evoke such reactions as those I have observed from you.

In fact, many of the verses I post I have been given as reminder as how a Christian should respond...so they are a reminder to myself and other professing Christians on how to have a Biblical discussion with other Christians and with non-believers. Any conviction is on the part of the Holy Spirit...they are God's Words not mine when I post Scripture.

If I insert my explanations, you rant at me for teaching men. If I don't add my thoughts, you rant at me for posting Scripture. If I respond to your statements/questions, you rant at me. If i don't respond, you rant at me. So it doesn't really matter what I do, I have concluded you will rant at me. Since I am not accountable to you in any way, it is irrelevant to me what you choose to rant at me for.

teach_ib

View Profile
Posted : 25 Nov, 2013 07:30 PM

Singer, I am well aware of the teaching of 'falling away' and losing eternal salvation. I grew up under that teaching. After MUCH study and prayer, my eyes were opened to the truth about being sealed until the day of redemption.

If God is able to save a sinner like me, He can keep His promise of eternal life.

I know longer a life of fear that I might sin and lose my salvation. I lived that for MANY years and yet even when I was not living according to the Spirit, I still knew that Holy Spirit was prompting me. And as I look back on those years I strayed, I can plainly see how having the Holy Spirit in me kept me from deeper sins.

I am much happier living a life desiring to please my Heavenly Father, doing those things I should than I ever was living in fear of damnation. I could never figure out what was good enough, having to work in fear of losing the free gift God gave me when as I child I called upon His name for salvation....and did it over and over again as I grew up.

There is a difference in conviction when doing something against the will of God than being shamed into praying because I might have done something wrong.

I look at the life of King David...and how God used him despite the great sins he committed after he was selected for king.

The church I attend now is much more involved in disciplining converts and helping those babes in Christ mature without condemnation, realizing that God works at different paces with individuals. My church is straightforward in identifying sin; however, they are welcoming to those who are struggling. How else will they learn to grow if they are kept from the teaching and preaching?

I go back to the OP...anyone can nitpick individual interpretations of the verses, the overall point is DON'T just blanket condemn those who are divorced and those who seek remarriage. Yes, MANY churches and Christians still condemn those who have suffered through any type of divorce, even if they do not seek remarriage. Just having the 'd' in their marital status precludes many from being included in activities or ministries...without even trying to figure out what the circumstances were.

teach_ib

View Profile
Posted : 25 Nov, 2013 07:11 PM

Singer, you wrote: "I know you're not married you admitted before in an earlier post that you may not can marry"

You are correct, I am not married. You are incorrect in stating that I said I cannot marry. I never said that. I most like said somthing like you do not know the circumstances of my divorce and you do not know if I can or cannot remarry.

Several times on the thread you jumped to conclusions about me. I have chosen not to discuss the circumstances of my divorce as it is not necessary for the general readership to know. Others may choose to be on this website that are not seeking marriage; however, I personally would not be on a dating site if I was not interested in marriage....that's just me.

teach_ib

View Profile
Posted : 25 Nov, 2013 12:16 AM

Matthew 4:1��Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.�

2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.�

3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.�

4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.�

5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,�

6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.�

7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.�

8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;�

9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

810 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

teach_ib

View Profile
Posted : 25 Nov, 2013 12:06 AM

Romans 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

Romans 6:14�For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

teach_ib

View Profile
Posted : 25 Nov, 2013 12:05 AM

2 Timothy 3:14-17

But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

2 Timothy 4:17-18

Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion. 18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Titus 1:2

In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

Page : 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14