Author Thread
1jon310

View Profile
It Is Right To Name Names?
Posted : 14 Dec, 2013 04:54 PM

Agreed.

How do we correctly apply this though? Without a Biblical guideline we could all end up carrying around a list of names. At some point we will all end up on somebody else's list. There are people on this site that would put many if not most of us on this list.

r

1jon310

View Profile
Dating out of selflessness?
Posted : 14 Dec, 2013 02:57 PM

Guys please offer your opinions.

Some of the parenting experts tell fathers that they should take their daughters out on dates so that their little girls will know how they should be treated when their daughters go out with boys. This way if their daughters are treated poorly by someone else they will recognize it and tell him to go away.

So... As most women have not been raised by such a father... Do you feel that you (we) have an opportunity to treat our sisters in Christ in such a way that our sisters will no longer settle for being treated as less then daughters of the king? If we do this then what can we learn from it, even if we are not romantically attracted to them or them to us?

r

1jon310

View Profile
Abstinence
Posted : 14 Dec, 2013 11:26 AM

Yes, since before divorce was finalized in 2000.

In our culture a little "stubbornness" can be a good thing. The religious word of "longsuffering" may be more appropo. Still Rebelliously Abstinent works also. Abstinent for God's Glory and to celebrate His Holiness is probably more accurate.

r

1jon310

View Profile
Ping-Pong
Posted : 14 Dec, 2013 11:14 AM

mcubed

There are many women who do not do this well either. I ask more questions then I receive answers for. There are questions that to my "male' mind sound rehtoricle. So I do not answer. Rambo919 makes some good points. Also as men are usually more interested in facts that are usable and they get bored more easily with the "How was your day?" type of questions. So "m" how was your day? :)

r

1jon310

View Profile
why are you still single?
Posted : 14 Dec, 2013 11:02 AM

dunraven

I suspect that you have wrote what most have hidden in their hearts and will not admit to themselves or others. Then they get tired of waiting and "settle" or compromise to the extreme and find misery has become their closest friend.

r

1jon310

View Profile
Looking For The One?
Posted : 10 Dec, 2013 08:33 PM

When did we get the idea that we need to look for the "one"? We seem to have developed the notion that God has created "one" perfect person for us and this person will complete us and our lives will be this amazing picture of happiness. The Bible contains these specific couples that were clearly put together by God:

Adam and Eve: brought sin into the world.

Isaac and Rebekah: she helped deceive Isaac into giving Jacob, Esau's blessing.

God chose Israel for His bride and divorced her because of her continued adultery by chasing after other gods.

Hosea and Gomer: a prostitute who kept leaving.

God the Father has chosen the church to be the bride of His Son Jesus and lets face it, this bride has given the groom many reasons to weep.

So if these marriages ordained by God had sin, deception, adultery, prostitution, and many other problems; then why do we think that we will do better? For those of us who were previously married, looking at the Biblical examples, why do we think that the marriage that we already had was not the "one"?

r

1jon310

View Profile
Son
Posted : 17 Nov, 2013 03:40 PM

Prayers are sent. The devil and those that serve him do not bother to harass those who are not a threat to the devils kingdom. We stand in faith with you. Be encouraged. I have been praying for my children for many years and the devil has not won and Jesus is still triumphant.

r

1jon310

View Profile
What I could pick from you John.....
Posted : 13 Nov, 2013 05:27 PM

Sisy My dear Sister

As explained before I have been away from the chats for a few days. Answering you now and then going to take some time away.

First. The trait that stands out and I appreciate in any other person is humility. Saved or sinner humility goes a long way.

Second. If you have read my profile I take my marriage vows and therefore what the Bible says about breaking those vows very serious. To break my vow of "till death do us part" would go hand in hand with me turning my back on God. So I do not make it a habit of entertaining thoughts of seeking a wife and breaking that vow to God.

Third. I could list all of the Biblical traits of a woman and a wife. Lets be honest... the majority of people are not happy with those and add and subtract according to what they think will make them happy instead of what God wants. The Bible is my guide but instead of expecting someone to fit my template or even God's I focus elsewhere. To take the plank out of my own eye. For myself...Within a year after my children's mother left I read a book on co-dependency where it was explained that sickness attracts sickness. Gave me a kick in the pants to seek God's healing and therefore the very face of God. Healthy people do not attract unhealthy people for very long if at all. Also explains why some people make the statement that they married the same person several times but that person just looked different and had a different name but was still the same bad person.

I'm not seeking self improvement, that would be akin to idolatry. Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness. Not to have things added to me but for the sake of seeking Him, my Lord who saved me.

So my sister these may not be the answers you were looking for but they are where I stand. May God's Grace fill your being. r

1jon310

View Profile
I know this might be daunting, but humor me.......
Posted : 9 Nov, 2013 05:30 PM

Sissy

Have missed your regular postings. If I may jump into your question to Cat (forgive me Cat i'm not trying to step on your toes). Sex is only within A God designed marriage of one man and one woman. The term "long term relationship" is subjective to anyone's personal feelings if we are only earthly minded. If we are Heaven minded then we see a "long term relationship" as one that stretches through all eternity and understand that our actions carry an eternal responsibility. If we understand that, and our place in God's Heavenly Kingdom, then we will consider sex outside of God's designed marriage to be extremely odious.

Sharing the Gospel is asking someone to enter into a long term relationship with Jesus and us (should we be saved) if we understand "long term relationships" it in this light. r

1jon310

View Profile
Dating after abuse??
Posted : 7 Nov, 2013 08:39 PM

Sister

May Jesus bring you complete healing for what you have gone through and the things that caused your guard to be down for such men. I agree with our sisters... wait, grow in Christ, learn to have healthy relationships without the romantic overtones, and (hardest) learn what it is to be content with yourself and who you are in Jesus. Allow your Heavenly Father to bring his match to you I His time. This isn't being passive but actively waiting. "Those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength." r

Page : 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18