Author Thread
1jon310

View Profile
need to comment?
Posted : 31 Oct, 2013 05:21 PM

I also post on what ever gender the heading is for.

Some people fish for their own opinion just in a more masculine or feminine voice.....

Personally I respect and need advice from my brothers and sisters. Genesis 1:27 .....in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

I believe that for the truest representation of God's image it takes man and woman.

r

1jon310

View Profile
A little help please!.........
Posted : 30 Oct, 2013 07:14 PM

Tarm

Old saying.... Stop and smell the roses. To see this from a more Christian perspective. Don't pass up the blessings the God puts into your path as He grows you and your future spouse to be compatible with each other.

This probably doesn't apply to you but many people turn the search for a spouse (or their spouse) into a false idol. God is not who they seek before all else and misery is the result. I can testify to that from personal experience. r

1jon310

View Profile
Sex before marriage?
Posted : 30 Oct, 2013 06:30 PM

Testing

Serious questions about scripture are always appreciated here. Let's start with 1Cor. 7:2 where sex before marriage is equated with sexual immorality. Therefore we apply verses that speak to sexual immorality and Old Testament verses. May you find blessings in your reading.

1Cor.7:2

1Cor. 5:1

1Cor. 6:13

1Cor. 6:18

1Cor.10:8

2Cor.12:2

Gal.5:19

Heb.13:4

Jude 7

Eph. 5:3

Col.3:5

Thess. 4:3

Exo. 22:16-17

Eze. 16:29

Deut. 22:20-21

Deut.22:23-26

Acts 15:20

These will be a good start. Be blessed. r

1jon310

View Profile
Virgin: I'm Curious, Why Do Guys Ask..
Posted : 29 Oct, 2013 09:10 PM

Teilu

I have a Sister in Christ who is her mid fifties and is still pure. Has waited for the one that her Heavenly Father has picked for her. The husband has not arrived yet but the things that she has accomplished in her life for Jesus would convict most people of wasted lives. r

1jon310

View Profile
Kissing Frogs
Posted : 29 Oct, 2013 05:33 PM

Ya'll are great.

After reading this though I am getting hungry. Time to eat. r

1jon310

View Profile
A Little Help, Please?
Posted : 29 Oct, 2013 05:27 PM

Cat

Was not questioning your celibacy. Just your desire to be a hermit. :) You are too much a blessing to this hurting world to waste it on being a hermit. r

1jon310

View Profile
Virgin: I'm Curious, Why Do Guys Ask..
Posted : 29 Oct, 2013 05:22 PM

Welcome Teilu

I suspect one of two reasons... 1. They watch too much TV or movies/video games and think that there are not any virgins over the age of twelve left. 2. They feel conviction over having lost theirs and marvel at you. It is not just virginity at question. The older people that I know to include myself receive the same kind of responses when people (including those in the church sometimes) find out that we aren't sleeping around. I waited until just before my 22nd birthday and wish that I had waited longer. You are correct to have pride in the Lord for giving you the strength and conviction to keep your chastity. r

1jon310

View Profile
Kissing Frogs
Posted : 28 Oct, 2013 06:41 PM

HJMP

I would never turn down a good recipe.

Wondering this... I another princess kisses a frog and it makes her sick... what are the chances that it is the right frog for you?

r

1jon310

View Profile
A Little Help, Please?
Posted : 28 Oct, 2013 05:21 PM

Hi Cat

I have read your profile before and after your changes. You are clear to me what you are looking for. In my profile I ask that no winks be sent to me. Guess what? Still receive them. My take on your dilemma... Some do not read, some do not comprehend what they read, some think they are "so all that" that they can change your mind, and then here are the people who are so used to lying and being lied to in the dating world that they do not believe you. It has been my experience even in face to face meetings that all of those answers still apply. I would like to give you a simple solution but other then being a celibate hermit there is no simple solution that I know of.

Sorry.

God's will be manifest for you.

r

1jon310

View Profile
Sex before marriage?
Posted : 27 Oct, 2013 04:50 PM

Good point Mcubed

The modern experts tell us that men are at their sexual peak when they are in their late teens to midtwenties and women are at their peak from midforties to midfifties. To think that I have a greater burden to carry then anybody else is self pity and prideful. At the very least a lack of empathy.

Page : 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19